Follow and make two girls happier than ever!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Missing Girl


Hiyaa!
How are you lovelies this fine Monday morning? Well, I am back as I promised and I have a book review on a book I had finished reading a few days ago called The Missing Girl by Norma Fox Mazer. This book is about 5 sisters (Autumn,-11. Fancy-12. Stevie-14. Mim-16. Beauty-17) aI nd there are basically three main characters- Because the different chapters are told by three different sister's "Perspectives" (Autumn, Fancy and Beauty) There isn't really a story line until later in the story. But basically there is an older man (40s) who walks every morning to watch the 5 sisters walk to school, and he "has" to choose which girl he likes the best. He chooses between Stevie and Autumn. But in the end he chooses Autumn, which might seem harmless- because it's just something that he is thinking, it's not like he really is going to act out on anything- until Autumn gets lost out in the woods because her sister Stevie has to move away because their parents are very poor and cannot afford to feed all of the five children, so she goes for just a simple walk, until she realizes that she is lost, and goes to this hidden house (The mans house) and asks for a map, the man then takes her hostage, keeping her in a little room at the top of the house- Her sisters just thinking that Autumn was blowing off steam because this scenario was not uncommon. Until days had passed and their baby sister had not shown up. This book is quick and easy read (Short chapters, big font, little pages even though it's almost 300 pages, it took me only a few hours to finish this book) I liked this book a lot and found it hard to put it down. However, in the beginning of the book it is a little hard to tell that the sisters have changed (One chapter it's Autumn, next it's Beauty, next it's Fancy, then Beauty again. You get the idea). I also found that the writing style was different than a lot of other novels and YA books that I have read before- and I have read a lot of them. I don't hate the writing style, but then again I do not absolutely love it. It's really is just... Different. Over all I think I would give this book a 3.5/5. Because there really is not a main plot until Autumn gets kidnapped- and that is really late into the book. But I do like this book, and I would reccomend it- expecially since it is a shorter book and a very quick read. And it really is interesting! So read this book by Norma Fox Mazer (Have you heard of her or read any of her books before? Because before this book I had never even heard of her! And I know about every single YA writer there is!)
xoxo,
Quynn.
(TheBlogOfQuynn.Blogspot.com
And QuynnAndBri.Blgooogspot.com)

2 comments:

  1. wow
    sounds like a really interesting yet confusing books haha
    but i love those kinds of book where you get all confused and it makes sense in the end and you go 'oooooohhh i get it' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! And in the end it was a really good book! I hope you are able to check it out, and read it sometime!
    xx
    Quynn.

    ReplyDelete